11th March 2012
Blog >> API Version 1.6 for Improved File Indexing & Database Backups
The myRepono Backup API has been updated with numerous enhancements to improve the API's compatibility, performance, and reliability.
It is strongly recommended that all users update their API to version 1.6 using either the manual or automated API installation tools, or users running version 1.4 or above may be able to take advantage of the new API upgrade tool.
New Features & Changes
- Improved file indexing process which reduces memory usage and increases the quantity of data which can be indexed.
- File exclusion rules will now be applied at directory level to improve efficiency when complete directories are excluded.
- Changes to mySQL structure backup process and mySQL character set/collation detection.
- Changes to restoration process mySQL character set/collation detection.
- Changes to 'mysqldump' command to use '-r' flag in place of '>' to define location of SQL file, allowing for usage of 'mysqldump' when '>' method is not available.
- mySQL packet filesize can now be customised through a new configuration setting.
- Improved temporary file removal after failed backups.
- General improvements to API's performance and memory usage, and to resolve edge-case compatibility issues.
For detailed information regarding the new features and configuration options offered by version 1.6 of the API, please refer to the API Configuration & Customisation documentation.
Tell us your backup stories!
Have you experienced a backup disaster? Please tell us about all your computing mis-haps and we'll include the best stories in our blog!